Maui to Big Island: Black Sand Beach, Rainbow Falls & Volcanoes National ParkSALE
Fly from Maui to the Big Island to see an active volcano, then head to a well-known lookout spot to see the destructive power of Kilauea.
Get ready for an all day adventure including a 40-minute nature walk with views of the most active volcano in the world. Be awed by the fury of Hawaii's volcano goddess, Pele, and the beauty of her creation, which includes extensive lava flows and Hawaii's unique black sand beaches. Later, walk among lush tropical rain forests and waterfalls while learning all about Hawaii's history and culture. There will also be a no-host lunch stop at the beautiful Volcano Golf and Country Club. You will never forget the incredible experiences that fill this all-day Hawaiian adventure!
- The name given MUST appear as it is on the picture ID (license or passport) used on the day of the tour. The airlines will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid government-issued ID does not match the E-Ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refunds given.
- Prices are subject to change due to overage fees. If any overage fees should arise after the time of booking, you will be given the choice to either cancel or proceed with your booking.
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration: 14.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Admission / Airfare / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:00 Check-in at Kahului Airport
09:15 Maui to Big Island Flight [Hawaiian Airlines] (45 mins)Hilo Airport arrival at 10:00
10:30 Visit Hilo Town & Rainbow Falls・Visit the famous Rainbow Falls
・Drive through the historic Banyan Dr.
・See the beautiful Liliuokalani Gardens
・Stop at Richardson's Black Sand Beach
Visit the Volcanoes National ParkSights Include: Halemaumau Crater Overlook, Kilauea Iki Overlook, Kilauea Caldera & Steam Vents, Jaggar Museum, Visitor's Center, Thurston Lava Tube
19:30 Check-in at Hilo AirportApproximate wait time at airport is 1 - 1.5 hrs
20:30 Big Island to Oahu Flight [Hawaiian Airlines] (2 hrs)Important! This is a connecting flight from Big Island - Oahu - Maui. Oahu flight leaves at 21:45 back to Maui.
22:30 Return to Kahului Airport
- Due to health hazards associated with exposure to volcanic fumes, this tour is generally not recommended for persons with asthma.
- Participants must be in good health and capable of comfortably walking one mile on uneven natural paths with ascending and descending slopes.
- Tour dates may be fully booked at the price listed due to the limited availability of airline tickets. However, the date may be available for an additional fee. Additional fees vary depending on availability and are subject to change without notice.
- Should the tour itinerary, route or schedule change due to unforeseen circumstances, services are non-refundable.
- Wheel Chair Accessibility: Transfer vehicles are not equipped with a lift so some mobility is necessary to climb 3 steps. Collapsible wheelchairs can be stored on the vehicle.
- Guests may not fly within 24 hours of a two-tank scuba dive due to the high risk of decompression sickness.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Closed toe shoes
- Dress warmly due to air conditioning.
- Passport required for non-US
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
- For all island flights or day trips, the name should appear as it is on picture ID (license or passport). The airlines will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid government-issued ID does not match the name on their E-Ticket. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refunds.
- All passengers 18 years old and above must present government-issued photo ID (Passport for non-US nationals ) for airline check-in.
- Children 2 years old and above are required to have their own airfare and seat on the tour. Children under 2 may sit on a parent's lap on the flight and the tour with no seat allocated at no charge.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- DHHT cannot guarantee the viewing of active lava flow. Often, hiking over rough, uneven lava surfaces is required to view lava. Volcanic fumes (VOG) are hazardous to your health. Persons with breathing and heart difficulties, pregnant women, infants, and young children are especially at risk should not consider this tour to avoid potential health problems from exposure to fumes. All passengers are required to sign a release of liability form.
- Flight delays of less than three hours will not cause cancellation of the tour. Delays of more than three hours will result in tour cancellation and refund or reschedule when possible. Delays in return flights are not eligible for compensation of any kind.
- Tours are subject to change without notice and may be affected by variations in departure and arrival times due to weather or mechanical issues.
- We will not extend financial reimbursement to compensate for flight or traffic delays beyond reasonable control of the activity provider, or disappointment if circumstances make it impossible to provide services as intended. Examples may include, but are not limited to: unexpected closures, rain, or road closures.
- Temperatures can easily drop to the low 60s depending on the season and layers of warm clothing is therefore recommended.
- Meals are not included in the price.
- Drinks and meals are available for purchase
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking inter-island tours at least 3-4 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited. Overage fees may apply for last minute reservations.
How long do you generally stop at each location
- Stops outside of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park are typically 10-15 minutes. The total time spent inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is about five (5) hours.
What is the difficulty level of this activity?
- The difficulty of the hike is easy to moderate. Lava fields are rocky and uneven terrain so sturdy shoes are recommended.
Will I see molten lava?
- Molten lava sightings are not guaranteed because of the unpredictable nature of volcanic activity.
What airport will I arrive to on the Big Island?
- You will fly into the Hilo airport, located on the east-side of the Big Island. This airport is closest to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
What are the highlights of this tour?
- Highlights Include: Rainbow Falls and Liliuokalani Gardens, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Jaggar Museum and the Thurston Lava Tube, Kilauea Visitor Center, Black Sand Beach, Halema'uma'u Crater, Chain of Craters Road, Kilauea Iki, Steam Vents, and (time permitting) Big Island Candies and Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory. Lava viewing is not guaranteed
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: The Gilberts
YV was our guide. He was fantastic from the moment we met him till the end of our tour. I really can't say enough good about him. He was personable, kind, knowledgeable, and fun to be around. We al...more
We took the Big Island tour from Maui. It was one full day devoted to checking out the Volcano National Park including a flight from Kahului to Hilo airport. Actually standing on the dry, now cool lav...more
9986 4 [EN_50110_3816]