Waipio Valley Horseback Riding Tour
Take a horseback ride through the Valley of the Kings, filled with jungle trails, wet land taro patches, magnificent waterfalls, and more!
Catch an unforgettable glimpse of “Old Hawaii” as you journey by horseback through the beautiful, mystic wonderland of the Big Island’s ancient Waipio Valley, an enchanting place that literally means "land of curving water.” An ethereal sense of Waipio's rich historic past emanates from this valley, completely still, except for the pounding of waves on the nearby black sand beach and working farmers carefully tending their taro patches. Well-trained horses are specifically matched with your riding ability and comfort level. This valley is one of the most beautiful spots on the Big Island!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
- No children under 8 years of age.
- The riders must not be more than 230 pounds.
- Not recommended for persons with heart, neck, back or joint problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Long pants
- The activity is subject to cancellation due to weather.
- No large bags/luggage allowed.
- The activity schedule is subject to change.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 12.
Do I need any prior experience to participate in this activity?
- No experience necessary, this is a great horseback ride for riders of all levels!
Will we be allowed to run the horses?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to trot or canter the horses on this tour.
Will there be stops made for picture taking?
- Stops are made along the tour at two locations, each with panoramic views perfect for photos, however no one is permitted to take pictures while horseback riding. Wranglers can, and will, take group or single photos on your behalf.
How many people are there in a tour group?
- The maximum number of people on this tour is 12, and this tour frequently sells out. Please book early to ensure your spot on this ride.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
What is the history of the stables?
- Sherri Hannum, a long time resident of Waipio, began Na'alapa Stables nearly twenty years ago, an outgrowth of her fascination with Waipio's rich history and beauty and her passion for horses. The moniker's origin "Na'alapa" is the name of a stunning waterfall on the far side of the valley. Today, Waipio's Na'alapa Stables is a favorite island activity for those who want to get off the beaten track while visiting the Big Island.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 16:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Availability||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
Hilarious guide that made it even more fun, outstanding scenery, horses not old nags, good riders......This ride comes highly recommended.....even got to see wild fruit trees. This is a one of a kind ...more
A van takes you down to the valley floor where you are introduced to your horses. The ride takes you thru beautiful vegetation (mangos, avacados, bananas, taro and amazing flowers). You cross thru s...more
by: Renita Moschitta
My daughter and I loved the horseback riding adventure. Our guides were fantastic and the views were breathtaking. Well worth the money and time!!! Would highly recommend for all levels of riders.