Hilo Horseback Private Ranch Ride
Saddle up on a horseback ride at a private 220-acre ranch, and experience the nostalgic days of the Hawaiian Paniolo cowboys!
With no more than seven riders on any outing, groups are kept intimate to provide plenty of opportunities to trot and walk through this 220-acre private ranch! The ranch offers a variety of terrains, and gravel roads previously used by Puna Sugar during the old Sugar industry era. The horses are well trained and reliable, so no previous experience is required. Whether you have never ridden on a horse before or are an accomplished equestrian, this is a tour for everybody!
▼ Read more
GE Tax 4.166% included
- Duration incl. transportation: 2 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: You can choose either Pick-up or Check-in (free).
- Inclusion: Beverages / Bottled water / Snacks / Instruction / Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 09:00 - 15:00 (Show details)
08:30 Pick-up from Select Areas
08:30 Check-in at the Ranch
Hilo Horseback Private Ranch Ride (1.5 hrs)
10:30 Check-out & Drop-off
- Participants must weigh no more than 250lbs to participate in this tour.
- Participants must be at least 4'6" in height.
- Not recommended for persons with heart, neck, back or joint problems.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children 8 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Closed toe shoes
- Long pants
Requirement(s) - Others
- Guests under the age of 18 must have a liability waver signed by their parent or guardian.
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
- The activity is subject to cancellation due to weather.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The activity schedule is subject to change.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 7.
Do I need any prior experience to participate in this activity?
- No, riding experience is necessary. The only restrictions are age (must be 8 years or older) and weight (up to 220lbs).
Will we be allowed to run the horses?
- Yes, part of the tour is nose to tail but there is a corral and a hill area where advanced riders are allowed to trot or canter.
Will there be stops made for picture taking?
- Your guide will make time on your tour to stop at multiple points of interest for photo opportunities.
How many people are there in a tour group?
- There is an average group size of 5-6 riders.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.