Hilo Horseback Private Ranch Ride
Saddle up on a horseback ride at a private 220-acre ranch, learn its history and the culture of the Big Island and experience the nostalgic days of the Hawaiian Paniolo cowboys!
With no more than seven riders on any outing, groups are kept intimate to provide plenty of opportunities to trot and walk through this 220-acre private ranch! The ranch offers a variety of terrains, and gravel roads previously used by Puna Sugar during the old Sugar industry era. The horses are well trained and reliable, so no previous experience is required. Whether you have never ridden on a horse before or are an accomplished equestrian, this is a tour for everybody!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
- Not recommended for persons with heart, neck, back or joint problems.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Participants must weigh no more than 250 lbs (117 kg) to participate in this tour.
- Participants must be at least 4 ft 6 in (137 cm) in height.
- If at anytime the participant is acting in an unsafe manner, activity provider have the right to remove that participant from the activity.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests we reserve the right to refuse service or
participation in activities by anyone we feel unable to meet our minimum standard requirements.
- No alcohol is allowed on premises. Intoxicated guests will not be allowed to participate.
- All guests must sign a liability waiver and Indemnity Release prior to participation in any of our tours.
- Guests under the age of 18 (minors) desiring to participate in any activity or tour must have their parent or legal guardian sign applicable activity liability waiver. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Participants must be physically fit.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children 8 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Closed toe shoes
- Long pants
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
- Guests under the age of 18 must have a liability waver signed by their parent or guardian.
- The activity is subject to cancellation due to weather.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- Advance reservations are required to insure space availability.
- The activity schedule is subject to change.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 1 and maximum of 7.
Do I need any prior experience to participate in this activity?
- No, riding experience is necessary. The only restrictions are age (must be 8 years or older) and weight (up to 220lbs).
Will we be allowed to run the horses?
- Yes, part of the tour is nose to tail but there is a corral and a hill area where advanced riders are allowed to trot or canter.
Will there be stops made for picture taking?
- Your guide will make time on your tour to stop at multiple points of interest for photo opportunities.
How many people are there in a tour group?
- The tour allows up to 7 riders. If booking for a larger group, you can have two rotations or book an ATV tour to go out at the same time depending on availability.
How far in advance should I book this activity?
- We recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance. If you have very specific schedule requirements and are not flexible, please book sooner. Last minute availability is often possible, but limited.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.